Presentations from the recent energy conference, “Electric Utilities: The Future Is Not What It Used To Be” held March 26 and 27, 2014, at the Maui Arts & Cultural Center are now available online for viewing and downloading.
The conference, presented by the Mayor’s Office of Economic Development and the Maui Economic Development Board, featured more than 250 recognized policy-makers from state and federal government and the private sector. They talked openly and frankly about the country’s rapidly changing energy landscape and its implications for power utilities, policy-makers and consumers.
Presentation topics included:
- The Shifting Landscape of the Utility Business Model: What are the Key Drivers of Change?
- Expectations of Tomorrow’s Utility Customers
- The Evolving Energy Mix in a 21st Century Utility
- The Regulation of Electric Utilities in Japan Post Fukushima: An Overview
- Redefining the Customer’s Role in the Utility of the Future
- What Role Will Technology Play in Transforming to a 21st Century Utility?
- How Will the Electric System Change in the Future?
- Hawaii’s Unique Place in the Emerging Energy Transformation